Last modified: March 09, 2017
There are many different ways you can use EasyZip – to create a unique
9-digit code for your address, search for an address using a 9-digit EasyZip Code and a lot more. As you use our EasyZip, we want you to be clear how we’reusing information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers. Your privacy matters to EasyZip so whether you are new to EasyZip or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices.
Information we collect
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, to use EasyZip beyond the basic search we would require you to sign up for a EasyZip Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information like your name, email address and telephone number.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about how you use EasyZip – when you search, what are the addresses you search often, what you add into your favorites and how you use them, This information includes:
- Device Information
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information including phone number). EasyZip may associate your device identifier and your phone number with your EasyZip Account.
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by EasyZip, store and we automatically collect certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, and types of calls.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your EasyZip Account.
- Location information
When you use EasyZip services, we may collect and process your information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address and GPS, that may, for example, provide EasyZip with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Device Information
How we use information we collect
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Google. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of EasyZip unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of EasyZip when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- Without your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of EasyZip if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government requests.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of EasyZip, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect EasyZip and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We offer you two-step verification when you access your EasyZip Account.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.